duoPAK® Powdered Hot/Cold Therapy Pack
SunMedica’s latest innovation is the duoPAK®. It’s made from a patented; phase-change material that provides regulated cold therapy for post-operative surgical wounds and also is meant to be heated for muscle aches and pains or sports injury therapy as well.
When frozen, the duoPAK® provides post-operative pain relief in the appropriate temperature range of 50-75 ˚F (actual skin temperature with dressings/orthoRAP) without doing damage by freezing the skin, which can occur with ice or gel products. When heated, the duoPAK® penetrates deep warming heat to the muscle where it hurts. This works to relax, soothe and also loosens tight muscles. Continuous low-level heat therapy works well for pain relief and sore muscles.
Directions for duoPAK® Cold Use
- Place in freezer overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Place over the injured area.
- Apply for 60~90 minutes or as directed by a physician.
- Return duoPAK® to freezer for 4 hours before reapplying.
Directions for duoPAK® Hot Use
- Place in microwave moderate setting and heat for 15 seconds.
- Mix powder by pushing back and forth on the bag.
- Test temperature by placing on elbow.
- If not warm enough, reheat in microwave for 15 seconds. Repeat #3 and #4 as needed.
- Apply to injured area for 20~30 minutes and repeat #3 and #4 to rewarm duoPAK.
Care & Storage
- As needed, keep the duoPAK® in freezer between cold uses or on the shelf between warm uses.
- To clean, wash with lukewarm water and dry with a clean towel.
- Should not be used by individuals with known or suspected circulation problems, unless under the direct supervision of a physician.
- If pack becomes uncomfortable, remove.
- Do not heat in microwave for more than 20~30 seconds.
- Avoid breathing dust if package breaks.
- If packaging is punctured or torn, discard.
- Upon contact with eyes, flush with water.
Try Any orthoRAP FREE!
We understand the need to actually use a new product and to see first-hand how the product feels and how it functions. This is all important when you want to introduce a new product into your facility.
We are confident that you won’t regret it!